“…He said, ‘Would you exchange that which is better for that which is lower?…’ ” [Surat’l Baqarah, 2:61]
What could be better?
Beautified for men is the love of things they covet; women, children, much of gold and silver (wealth), branded beautiful horses, cattle and well-tilled land. This is the pleasure of the present world’s life; but Allâh has the excellent return (Paradise with flowing rivers) with Him. (14)
Say: “Shall I inform you of things far better than those? For Al-Muttaqûn:
- there are Gardens (Paradise) with their Lord, underneath which rivers flow.
- Therein (is their) eternal (home) and
- Azwâjun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives),
- And Allâh will be pleased with them.
وَرِضْوَنٌ مِّنَ اللَّهِ أَكْبَرُ
“But the pleasure of Allah is greater.” [9:72]
- And Allâh is All-Seer of the (His) slaves” (15)
Description of their Traits:
- Those who say: “Our Lord! We have indeed believed, so forgive us our sins and save us from the punishment of the Fire.” (16)
رَبَّنَآ إِنَّنَآ ءَامَنَّا فَٱغۡفِرۡ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَقِنَا عَذَابَ ٱلنَّارِ
- (They are) those who are patient, those who are true (in Faith, words, and deeds), and
- obedient with sincere devotion in worship to Allâh.
- Those who spend (give the Zakât, alms in the Way of Allâh, give from their wealth on all the acts of obedience they were commanded, being kind to kith and kin, helping the needy, and comforting the destitute) and
- Those who pray and beg Allâh’s Pardon in the last hours of the night. (17)
[Surat Ale Imraan, 3:14-17]
Everything connected to Allah SWT is superior whether it’s a hope, an act of ‘Ibadah, a human, an occupation. Everything connected to other than Allah SWT is always inferior. We may believe that but we’re going to be tested whether we are of the Truthful ones. In it lies our Paradise and it lie our punishments. We have a choice to remain patient or we have a choice to allow ourselves to be misguided by our desires and fears.
May Allah SWT make Umm Sulaym steadfast and not test her beyond her scope because indeed some things require one to shut down the thoughts and jump into uncertainty, holding onto ‘Urwatul Wuthqa. May Allah SWT forgive her for her weaknesses and reward her for every fear she tries to slide under the carpet for His Sake.
My honor belongs to Allah SWT and I know Ya ‘Aziz, You won’t allow me to be humiliated nor will You desert me.
‘Indeed, Allah has armies that protect you and fight for you, from amongst them are your good deeds.’
And Allah SWT knows best.