The above inscription is found in the architecture, on the walls in Al Hamra Palace, Granada, Spain.
Recommendations are in regards to educate oneself correctly about the Islamic History in Africa, Andalus and the Americas. Phenomenal research done by him, mashaa’Allah. His personal website can be found here.
Books For Adults
- مروج الذهب ومعادن الجواهر – Muruj adh-dhahab wa ma’adin al-jawhar – The Meadows of Gold and Mines of Jewels by a 10th century scholar, Historian and Geographer Abul Hasan al Mas’udi. He was from Baghdad (Abbassid Dynasty) and travelled throughout the known world reaching Southern Africa, India, China and Korea. In this book he intimately described the countries that he has seen and also drew a map of the world in 957 A.D. that showed an ‘unknown territory’ that could be the Americas. Only the first volume is available in English. Downloadable pdf can be found here.
- ‘The Hidden Debt to Islamic Civilization’ by S.E. Al-Djazairi
- ‘The Golden Age and Decline of Islamic Civilisation’ by S. E. Al-Djazairi
- ‘Prince among Slaves’ by Terry Alford (fascinating documentary can be found here.)
- ‘Development Of Science & Technology In Islamic History’ by Shabeer Ahmed
- A Twelve Month’s Residence in the West Indies during the Transition from Slavery to Apprenticeship by R.R. Madden.
- ‘The Melungeons: The Resurrection of a Proud People : An Untold Story of Ethnic Cleansing in America’ by N. Brent Kennedy & Robyn Vaughan Kennedy
- ‘They Came Before Columbus: The African Presence in Ancient America’ by Ivan Van Sertima
- ‘America B.C.: Ancient Settlers in the New World’ by Barry Fell
- ‘Africa and the discovery of America’ by Leo Wiener
- ‘1421: The Year China Discovered The World’ by Gavin Menzies
- ‘1434: The Year a Chinese Fleet Sailed to Italy and Ignited the Renaissance’ by Gavin Menzies
Books For Young Children
Shaykh ‘Abdullah repeatedly emphasized that children of today must be home-schooled to prevent them from being brainwashed. It does not matter whether they grow up in a Muslim/non-Muslim country, the curricula come from the same headquarters with the same agenda. For those sisters living in Canada, he recommended Toronto Muslim Homeschoolers, an organization led by his daughter and if you wish to connect with her, you can contact her yourself OR contact Shaykh ‘Abdullah on his email address and he’ll connect you with her inshaa’Allah. When approached by over enthusiastic sisters who wanted to help out with integration of Islamic and secular curricula, he said Yusuf Islam has already begun work with a group of educators under the organization called IBERR.
Dr. ‘Abdullah mentioned Susan Douglass so here are a few books authored by her:
- Islamic School Book Grade KG : I Am a Muslim : A Modern Storybook : A Supplementary Social Studies Unit for Kindergarten
- ‘Islamic School Book Grade 1 : Eid Mubarak : Islamic Celebration Around the World’
- ‘Islamic School Book Grade 2 : Muslims in our Community and Around the World’
- ‘Islamic School Book Grade 3 : Muslim Cities Then and Now’
- ‘Islamic School Book Grade 4 : Where in the World do Muslims Live’
- ‘Islamic School Book Grade 5 : Traders and Explorers in Wooden Ships : Muslims and the Age of Exploration’
- ‘Islamic School Book Grade 6 : Islam and Muslim Civilization’
- Islamic School Book Box : KG to 6th Grade (7 book set)
- The Emergence of Renaissance: Cultural Interactions Between Europeans & Muslims : A Thematic Collection of Cross Cultural Teaching Resources : Binder with CD
Short Booklets he has authored:
- Deeper Roots: Muslims in the Americas and the Caribbean from Before Columbus to the Present (sample pages here)
- Holiday Myths: Unveiling the Truth about Christmas, New Year’s Eve, St. Valentine’s Day, Easter and Halloween (supporting video here)
- The 40 Ahadeeth on Islamic Revival (sample pages here, related introduction to his show here)
Documentaries he recommended:
- When the Moors (Muslims) Ruled Europe, (buy it here)
- Others shared here (these include his own documentaries)