Knowledge and Yaqeen (Certainty)
Description: Conditions of Shahada discussed.
Manhaj Al-Istidlal – The Methodology of Derivation
Description: Shaykh Haitham al-Haddad delivers an interesting and vital course on the subject of how rulings are derived from the sacred texts. This course is vital for every Muslim to watch so they can have the confidence and knowledge of where and how the rules of their religion come from.
This covers the Philosophy of Islamic Finance and the specifics of Riba.
The Use & Abuse of Maqaasid as-Shariah
Muslim Marriage Contract
Description: This is a public address by Shaykh Haitham Al Haddad of the Islamic Shariah Council regarding the recent attempt to ‘modernise’ Islam in the form of the ‘Muslim Marriage Contract’.
The Art of Divorce
Why Marriages Fail?
The History of Compilation of the Quraan
Warning to the Students of Knowledge against Takfeer
Description: Shaykh Haitham warns against the growing trend among students of knowledge to pronounce takfeer (disbelief) on Muslims without an adequate knowledge of the principles of the shariah, and without an adequate appreciation of difference of opinion.
- Growing trend among students of knowledge to pronounce takfeer (disbelief) on Muslims based on their own assumptions.
- Lack of appreciation of other people’s opinions when they differ from our own.
- Example of a person praying after wiping over the socks while others believe this to be invalid.
- When differences of opinion occur choosing the scenario which offers the best conclusion for all involved.
- Difference of opinion not being considered when the opinion is shaadh (very rare or odd opinion).
- History of the Takfeer movement in Egypt.
- Characteristics of the Takfeer movement in Saudi Arabia.
- Example of a Hanafi praying behind a Hanbali Imam who did not renew his wudhu after eating camel meat.
The Prayer of Fear (Salatul Khawf)
Muslims in the Service of the Community, Being Proactive
Description: Shaykh Haitham explains the obligations of the Muslim to their local community.
More lectures here.