…what if you don’t have any of that? Well, you educate yourself, yourself about the limits of Allah SWT! Because really what was enough for them, i.e. the Sahaba and Sahabiyaat (may Allah SWT be pleased with them all), is enough for us inshaa’Allah. We don’t need any help from outside sources because the barakah (blessing), the hikmah (wisdom) and the faDL (bounty) lies in the Quraan and Sunnah. One who adheres and strives to adhere to Allah SWT’s Teachings, Allah SWT will be sufficient for him whether it is him struggling in being thankful for being granted a smooth marital life or him being patient in turbulent times. One who deviates from the Path of Allah SWT then he has opened himself to Allah SWT’s Punishment whether it is in the form of disharmony in marriage, disobedient children or being blessed with an excellent spouse but not having an atom’s worth of Eeman or thankfulness. No doubt Allah SWT is At-Tawwab, the Greatest and Continuous Acceptor of Tawbah, we must turn to Him in repentance whenever we feel our lives seem to have certain obstacles because that was the way of the Salaf. Don’t ever forget though that our greater purpose in life is to worship Allah SWT through our relationships and not worship our relationships/people in our lives. Allah SWT is Ar-Ra’oof -Most Affectionate – to His Slaves and He SWT may test us through whom we love and through our Qadr (fate) not to make us suffer but to grant us His Mercy and many more blessings. Trust Him on that for He gave you life.
May Allah SWT support us with spouses and children who are the coolness of our eyes, those who revive our souls with His Remembrance in mutual affection, mercy and harmony, and make us all the leaders of Muttaquun. May Allah SWT raise from our generations, our descendants, via our good tarbiyah those who give Quraan its Haqq, those who’s character is that of the Quraan and those who have the characteristics of Sahaba and Sahabiat.
And Allah SWT knows best.
‘Salah and Marriage’ by Ustadh AbdulNasir Jangda
| Here |
‘Bed of Roses’ by Sh. Adnan Abdul Qadir
Description: A Bed of Roses is of unique lectures in Arabic and English by Shaikh Adnan Abdul Qadir (Kuwait) on the guidelines that Islam provides in developing a loving and harmonious environment in the home. Shaikh Adnan expounds upon each topic using his unique style of delivery; quoting examples from the Quran, authentic sunnah and from his profound experience. A must buy for anyone wishing to strengthen their relationship with their spouse and/or children.
|The Ettiquette of Conversation Part 1| The Ettiquette of Conversation Part 2 | How to change the angry Spouse to a Beloved One Part 1 | How to change the angry Spouse to a Beloved One Part 2 | How to win the Heart of your Spouse Part 1 | How to win the Heart of your Spouse Part 2 | Bringing up Children Part 1 | Bringing up Children Part 2 | Bringing up Teenagers | Love of Allaah |Recitation |
‘Fiqh of Love’ by Sh. Yasir Birjas
Description: The Fiqh of Marriage in Islam is the official recording of an AIMaghrib Institute seminar. This takes a detailed look at the process and rites of marriage in Islam as explained by Shaykh Yaser Birjas. The seminar begins with a discussion of the various concepts of love as defined by Islam and other competing theories. It then presents the flqh of marriage beginning with the search for a suitable spouse, following the entire process including the details of the marriage contract and then concluding with advice for marriage life. This amazing seminar is a testament to the comprehensive nature of Islam as well as to the mercy and sensitivity of Allah that He should make clear to us the right way even in our most intimate affairs. Insha’Allah, you’ll witness your Eman growing stronger as your understanding of the wisdom of the Qur’an and Sunnah comes alive in your mind, in your soul, and in your heart.
By Br. Akram (I don’t know the speaker but lectures are nice mashaa’Allah):
‘Mars and Venus’ by Sh. Riad Ourzazi
‘Establishing An Islamic Household’ by Sh. Abdul Muhsin Al-Tuwaijri
By Sh. Muhammad al Shareef
- ‘How to be an Outstanding Wife’ : |Part 1| Part 2| Part 3| Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10| Part 11 | Part 12| Part 13 | Part 14 | Part 15 | Part 16 |
- ‘How to be an Outstanding Husband’ : |Part 1| Part 2| Part 3| Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10| Part 11 | Part 12| Part 13 | Part 14 | Part 15 | Part 16 | Part 17 |
- ‘Teaching Methods of Prophet Mohammad salalahu ‘alayhi wasalam’ : |Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4|
‘Qualities of Great Women’ by Sh. Anwar
| Here |
‘Towards a Happy Marriage’ by Sh. Mohammad Yusry & Sh. Salim al Amry
| Here |
‘Domestic Confrontations’ by Abu Mussab
| Here |
The Perfect System To Keep Your Family Together – The Deen Show with Imam Moustafa Zayed
| Here |
By Dr. Bilal Phillips
- The Duties of a Muslim Husband towards His Wife
- Relationship between Husbands and Wives
- Islamic Education: |Part 1: Intro| Part 2: Muslim Students | Part 3: Muslim Teachers | Part 4: Seven Habits for Raising Good Children | Part 5: Seven Habits for Raising Good Children|
- An Ideal Family Unit – 7 Habits for Successfully Raising Muslim Children: |Part 1| Part 2| Part 3| Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 |
- Running a Family in Islam
By Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan
By Sh. Salem Al Amry
- ‘The Muslim House’ : |Part 1| Part 2|Part 3| Part 7 | Part 8 |Part 11 | Part 12| Part 13 | Part 14 | Part 19 |
- ‘Violation of Islamic Teachings in Home’ : |Part 1| Part 2| Part 3| Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 |
By Sh. Said Rageah
By Sh. Murtaza Khan
By Alyas Karmani
By Dr. Haitham al Haddah
By Dr. Hesham al Awadi
By Dr. Farhat Hashmi (Urdu)
- شادی اور شُکر گزاری -Shadi Awr Shukrguzari
- نکاح سکون کا رشتہ – Nikah Sukun ka Rishta
- دُلہن کو نصیحتیں – Dulhan ko Naseehatain
- نکاح میں تاخیر نہیں – Nikah May Takheer Nahi
- نکاح کا طریقہ – Nikah ka Tareeqa
- شیطان کی رکاوٹیں – Shaytaan ki Rukawatain
- خاندانی تعلقات – Khandaani Ta’luqaat
- …ازدواجی زندگی میں – Azdawaji Zindagi Mai’n
- Lectures on Parenting
- The Etiquettes of Marriage by Shaykh Muhammad Naasirud Deen Al Albaani
- The Fiqh of Marriage by Sh. Saalih al-Sadlaan
- Matrimonial Guardianship (Qawaamah): Reasons, Rules and Requirements by Dr. Muhammad Sa’d Muhammad Al-Mugrin
- The Ingredients For a Happy Marriage by Sh. Nasir Al-Omar
- The Muslim Home: 40 Recommendations by Sh. Muhammad Salih al-Munajjid
- Dangers in the Home by Sh. Muhammad Salih al-Munajjid
- The Bride’s Boon [Tuhfat Al-‘Arous] by Mahmoud M. Al-Istamblli
- How to Win Your Wife’s Heart by Ibrahim Bin Saleh Al-Humood
- Winning the Heart of your Husband by Ibrahim ibn Saaleh al-Mahmud (same author?!)
- The Muslim Marriage Guide by Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood
- Governing Yourself And Your Family by Husayn Al-Awayishah
- Nurturing Eeman in Children by Dr. Aisha Hamdan
- Child Education in Islam by Abdullah Nasih Ulwan
- A Muslim Child’s Way of Life by Dar-us-Salam Research Division
- The Prophet’s Methods Of Correcting People’s Mistakes by Sh. Muhammad Salih al-Munajjid
- Why Men Don’t Listen And Women Can’t Read Maps by Allan Pease & Barbara Pease
- Men Are From Mars Women Are From Venus by John Gray
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen Covey
- Teaching Your Children Good Manners by Lauri Berkenkamp
- The Surrendered Wife by Laura Doyle (excellent short audio)
- Muslim Marriages – All you need to know about a marital relationship.
- The Muslim Family – Mission Islam’s collection of beneficial resources.
- Muslim Youth – Mission Islam’s collection of beneficial resources for youth.
- The Surrendered Wife
- MuslimKidsBooks – Exploring the world of Muslim children’s and young adult’s books.
- Islamic Marriage
ARTICLES & Q/A’s
Interaction with Non-Mahram In-Laws
- Interaction with non-mahrams
- Must a woman wear jilbab in the house in front of non-mahrams such as brother in laws or can she wear loose fitting clothes and head scarf?
- Danger of Husband’s Brother
- She is going to get married and live with her husband’s family, and she is asking for advice
- She lives with her husband’s family and Difficulty of Hijab
- Responsibility to One’s Family
- The Civilised Family System
- Mothers: Producers of Heroes
- Raising Our Future Generations
- Islamic actions for Welcoming a New Baby
- Imam ibn al Qayyim (R)’s Advice on Raising Children
- Finding out the Baby’s Gender Before Birth
- Fasting and Nursing
- Raising Children with Deen and Dunya
- Spiritual training of children
- How to Raise Righteous Children
- Instilling the love of the Prophet in the heart of a child
- Etiquette of Caring for the Newborn
- Tips on Raising Courageous Muslim Children
- Dealing with a Child’s Fears
- Etiquettes in front of Children
- ‘Awrah during Sleeping
- She cannot pray tahajjud because her baby daughter cries; will she be rewarded?
- Ruling on women wearing tight clothes in front of women and mahrams
- Woman’s ‘awrah in front of other women and mahrams
- Covering in front of children
- Virtues of Having a Child
- Removal of Child-related Impurities
- Invalidation of Wudoo upon Dealing with Child-related Impurities?
- Child Disturbs during Prayer
- Should she leave the prayer in congregation because her child cries?
- For Pregnant Women: Prefer to Fast or Not?
- Ruling on the fast of a pregnant woman who is affected by fasting
- What du’aa’ should a parent say for a sick child?
- How to tell a young child about the meaning of the Shi’ah
- Dealing with a child who gets angry quickly
- How can we help children to get used to fasting?
- How to smack children to make them pray?
- Keeping the Children Indoors at Night
- Teaching Adhkaar to Children
- Ruling on animated drawings (cartoons)
- Developing a Girl’s Self-Confidence
- Islamic Education in the West
- Dangers of the Internet in the Home
- If the parents single out one of the children to sleep in a room on his own, is that contrary to the obligation to treat children fairly?
- Many people are concerned about their children’s unstable characters and the effects of luxury on their personalities. How can we introduce strength and honour into our children’s characters?